Specstrip is a subsidiary of AFMETCO (www.afmetco.com), better known as Euro Steel, which is South Africa’s premier stockist and distributor of stainless steel, special steels, aluminium and other corrosion resisting materials in almost every commercial grade available.
Specstrip specializes in the processing of a wide range of Carbon Steel products including Spring Steel which is High Carbon Steel either as Soft Annealed or Hardened and Tempered, as well as Galvanized and Tinplate material. Specstrip is the only company in Southern Africa that can roll steel on narrow rolling mills to a thinner thickness in order to produce Temper Rolled Steel.
Specstrip can prime slit and roll mild steel material from 0.21 mm to 5.00 mm in thickness with a maximum incoming width of 1300 mm. (Stainless Steel in thicknesses from 0.30 mm up to 3.00 mm). We can also precision slit the aforementioned thicknesses from a maximum width of 600 mm down to 3.50mm mm widths depending on our customers’ specific requirements.
Specstrip’s processing capabilities are as follows:
- Primary Slitting of coils with a maximum incoming mass of 25 ton, a maximum incoming width of 1300 mm, and thicknesses ranging from 0.21 mm up to 5.00 mm thick.
- Re-Slitting coils from a maximum incoming width of 1300 mm wide to as narrow as 3.50 mm wide strips, from 0.18 mm up to 5.00mm thick.
- Rolling coils thinner to produce exact thickness and hardness tolerances, from 3.50 mm up to 350 mm wide, from 0.18 mm up to 5.00 mm thick.
- Flat bar / Cut Lengths from 5.00 mm up to 350 mm wide, from 0.20 mm up to 4.00 mm thick.
- Flat bar / Cut Lengths can have bevelled edges on request.
- Round Dressed Edging coils from 3.50 mm up to 50.00 mm wide, from 0.50 mm up to 4.50 mm thick.