Specstrip is the only company in the Southern Africa that can “Temper Roll” steel on narrow rolling mills to the customer’s thickness and hardness specifications and tolerances. We slit and roll material as thin as 0.18 mm and slit as narrow as 3.50 mm.
Specstrip’s processing capabilities are as follows:
- Primary Slitting of coils with a maximum incoming mass of 25 ton, a maximum incoming width of 1300 mm, and thicknesses ranging from 0.21 mm up to 5.00 mm thick.
- Re-Slitting coils from a maximum incoming width of 1300 mm wide to as narrow as 3.50 mm wide strips, from 0.18 mm up to 5.00mm thick.
- Rolling coils thinner to produce exact thickness and hardness tolerances, from 3.50 mm up to 350 mm wide, from 0.18 mm up to 5.00 mm thick.
- Flat bar / Cut Lengths from 5.00 mm up to 350 mm wide, from 0.20 mm up to 4.00 mm thick.
- Flat bar / Cut Lengths can have bevelled edges on request.
- Round Dressed Edging coils from 3.50 mm up to 50.00 mm wide, from 0.50 mm up to 4.50 mm thick.
The products and services produced by Specstrip include the following:
- Low Carbon mild steel strip in coil, sheet or Flat bar / Cut length – Slit only or
- Temper rolled to customer’s thickness and hardness tolerances
- High Carbon “spring” steel and Wearplate, both soft annealed or as is
- Galvanized steel strip in coil, sheet or Flat bar / Cut length
- Tinplate or other “Plated” strip
- Strapping and Seals – Bright Cold Rolled, Galvanized, Black Painted High Tensile, PET and Woven.